4. Repeated processing of the measurement results and compiling the examination protocol
You can re-run the evaluation of the measurements at any time by applying or modifying the stored setup files. Of course, during the ex-post evaluation, the AE channels gain mode, threshold level, dead time, and the disabled AE channels cannot be modified, and the LEDs are not active either.
After starting, the processing of AE Hits and Events going through the complex parametric filters is done the same way as it was done at real time: calculation of derived parameters, listing of the selected parameter group, building of the assigned graphs, localization of the sources and positioning on the localization map. The lag indicator on the screen now shows the progress of the evaluation. Textual notes recorded during the measurement are also displayed.
The measurement can be graphically divided into sections, and the most representative statistical data can be analysed in the tables and charts for the sections. The frequency spectrum analysis (FFT) can be requested for the recorded snapshots, or correlation between the patterns of selected channels can be examined. After completion of the evaluation, you can easily measure distances and directions on the graphs and maps, add explanatory arrows and inscriptions. You can label your finished pictures, save or print them for a written report. It is possible to automate measurement logging, transferring data, graphs and maps automatically to the word processing program, relieving the evaluator from monotonous, repetitive work phases.
- Main functions performed by the software during re-evaluating the measurement results:
- Upon entering the offline mode, the access path and the file name of the measurement results are immediately set.
- Start (using the specified measurement results file), suspend, continue and stop reprocessing the measurement results
- Reading measurement data from the computer’s disk and evaluation of them:
- Parametric filtering of received AE Hits
- Formation and processing of AE Events and parametric filtering of them
- Alarm generation
- Tabular presentation of results
- Graphic presentation of results
- Parametric filtering of AE Events for source location. Presentation of source location results on location maps
- Registration and visualization of original waveform (snapshots) on AE channels.
- Additional functions performed by the software during re-evaluating the measurement results:
- Showing process of re-evaluating the measurement results
- Temporarily stop presentation of measurement result graphs for speeding up processing in case of a large number of AE Hits or Events. Continue presentation of graphs.
- Operator’s actions after completion of re-evaluating the measurement results:
- Work with tables, graphs and location maps. Correction of settings of these forms of measurement results’ processing and displaying
- Work with parametric filters for AE Hits and Events. Correction of settings of these forms of measurement results’ filtering
- Work with parametric filters for locating. Correction of settings
- Work with parametric filters for Alarming. Correction of settings
- Saving changes to the settings with just one click in the working file, or in new file with a different name
- Start displaying original waveform (snapshots) on AE channels. Work with waveform display. Display of frequency composition (FFT). Calculation of correlation between signals of selected AE channels
- View short text comments and messages that were recorded in the measurement file during the measurement
- Export selected tables, graphs, location maps and waveforms for processing by external software
- Printing of selected tables, graphs and location maps or saving them to files
- Preparation of an examination report template. Inclusion in the template the informative part of the system setting, as well as selected tables, graphs and location maps. Load the processed test results into a template. Addition to the protocol the date, place and specific data of the object of examination, as well as conclusions and recommendations of the AE specialist. Printing the finished protocol.